Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Earned not given

It's been six month since my last post and i want to share something. I'm 23 years old. my maximum weight is 98 lbs my height is 5'5. I'm underweight and i don't give the hell out of it. So i started joining fun run this year. I run my first 5km and i tell you it beat the person inside myself.

After i cross that finish line and it made me realize something real simple it not about winning its about you and your relationship to yourself to your family to your friends. Its about being able to look in your friend eyes and know you didn't let them down.

Everytime i run i always told to myself, "Isn't about being best it's about being better than you are yesterday."

I run for so many reason
I run because i enjoy it. I also run because i can.



I run because every time i saw that turning point and finish line i felt serenity and having high five with you friends. I don't know if you realize this, but this is what I want to do when I get older. I don't run to win races or become famous, I run to win my race - my race against myself - against being upset, against being lazy, against being passive - I win every time I put my running shoes, because I have created a new future for myself. I am winning against becoming a person I didn't want to be.


So I dare you to win, I dare you to start winning, to start trying, to set goals. I dare you to run, don’t worry about how fast or far - just fall in love with it, stay in love with it, play with it, treat it like a friend - because let me tell you, sometimes - it can be the best listener in the world - it will always let you win.

January 2013   : Run 800: 5km 
February 2013 : Run to Saves Lives: 3km
March 2013     : OFW Run : 5km
April 2013       : National Geographic: Earth Day Run : 5km